New Pioneers Fund
First Southwest Community Fund was one of three awardees that received funds through the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) to create a revolving loan fund. The New Pioneers Fund provides microloans for startup farmers, small and emerging businesses, and women-owned and outdoor recreational businesses.
- Startup Farmers — fledgling agricultural businesses and businesses that are not eligible for FSA programs if the business is less than three years in age
- Small & Emerging Businesses — new businesses, with little collateral or business security
- Women-Owned Businesses — small businesses that are primarily owned by women, and are underfunded and underserved
- Outdoor Recreational Businesses — new and growing outdoor recreational businesses facing collateral/loan challenges
- Proof-of-Concept-Funding — startup businesses looking for funds to develop proof-of-concept products and start generating revenue