This senior management position has overall responsibility to ensure that impact goals of key organizational program initiatives are met, with a focus on delivering loan products and development services to target markets through bank and community partner marketing channels. The position includes designing and implementing financial products and services that are responsive to target markets; lending production, underwriting and closing, marketing and outreach to target markets, relationship-building with community partners and referral sources and technical assistance advisors. The primary responsibility of this position is to deploy capital and technical assistance resources in an active, healthy loan program that is responsive to the needs of the community and reaches FSWCF’s target market(s), in addition to managing loan portfolio performance and asset quality.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities Management
- Develop, manage and mentor lending staff with strategic outreach, and ensure that the team provides excellent customer service for all clients throughout their interaction with the organization.
- Includes goal setting and accountability, pipeline development through marketing and outreach, growing and diversifying community partnerships.
- Cultivate and implement impact driven strategies and partnerships to reach targeted markets with FSWCF programs and services.
- Collaboratively develop marketing and outreach strategies to strengthen and diversify deal pipeline.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and other staff in designing/upgrading loan underwriting, servicing and portfolio management procedures and policies, loan products, marketing strategies, participation partnerships, technical assistance development and implementation, and loan administrative systems, including loan database software selection and implementation.
- Negotiate and manage consultant contracts and budgets relating to all lending functions.
- Participate in annual budget setting and strategic planning processes.
- Anticipate funding needs and ensure adequate funding levels are in place at all times for loan making.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At least 5 years of demonstrated relevant business lending & asset quality experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with small businesses required.
- Uses facilitative approach to management and has flexibility to work with broad range of cultures, personalities, and work styles.
- Commitment to community development, low income communities and strong work ethic.
- Professional demeanor and willingness to cooperatively participate on a team in a small mission-based organization.
- Superior financial analysis and credit evaluation skills for business and personal credit.
- Propensity to pursue and apply understanding of business environment, including current events and economic cycles, to analysis.
- Strongly self-motivated and able to follow through in completing high-quality, detailed work with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills including ability to balance strategic and lending responsibilities.
- Capacity to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and external customer deadlines while ensuring credit integrity.
- Ability to provide creative and flexible solutions to loan applicants by identifying relevant risks and mitigants.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare clear, accurate, well -organized written and financial reports and to communicate verbally in an effective manner.
- Spanish language proficiency highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and training in the financial industry.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience required
- Experience working at a financial institution or in a nonprofit is highly beneficial, as is experience analyzing and managing portfolio risk.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs, use of e-mail and internet, and willingness to expand skill base.
Salary Range: $73,500 /$90,000 / $135,000
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Required to talk and hear; frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Ability to stand and sit, reaching with hands and arms; kneeling, crouching. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Depending on location and time of year, extreme high and low temperatures within the building will be experienced. This is a remote position with some travel required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.