FSWCF is seeking a visionary leader with a passion for making a lasting impact in rural entrepreneurship and the financial system and a track record of driving organizational growth and fostering positive change.
FSWCF is a 501c3 nonprofit that supports the dedicated entrepreneurial spirit of rural Colorado, by investing in the people, culture and ideas that fuel innovation and financial knowledge by prioritizing access to equitable capital to those who have been traditionally excluded.
FSWCF was founded in 2015 by First Southwest Bank (FSWB), one of Colorado’s two Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) banks, to be a gap-funder that provides access to capital for those who would not otherwise be able to secure it.
As FSWCF has grown, we have seen the need for more equitable and inclusive access to capital for rural entrepreneurs and business owners. We strive to provide a range of innovative financial services including loan and grant programs, training and education, to enable them to succeed and improve the quality of life in our communities. Currently, FSWCF serves all of rural Colorado with a focus on southern and southwestern Counties.
The Executive Director (ED) will play a pivotal role in guiding the FSWCF to its next phase of growth and impact. The ED will lead a talented team, collaborate with dedicated board members, and engage with stakeholders to ensure the organization’s mission is fulfilled. The ED’s strategic vision, coupled with an ability to manage resources effectively, will be essential in steering the organization towards continued success.
The position requires some travel throughout Colorado and the Four Corners states. As the position evolves, there may be travel outside the region. This position will report to the FSWCF Board President, based out of Durango.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organizational Strategy & Development
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize board members, committees, bank staff, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors (BOD); seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the regional rollout and program expansion.
- Be an external local and regional presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on successes as a model for regional replication.
- Represents FSWCF and its interests at local and regional boards and organizations.
- Fundraising & Partnership Development
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to secure financial support for the organizations programs and initiatives to support the entrepreneurial ecosystem in rural areas.
- Cultivate relationships with multiple donors, foundations and other funding sources for grants, program related investments, revolving loan funds and mission-aligned programs to ensure diversification of funding sources.
- Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site.
- Recruit, lead, manage, coach, inspire and retain a high performing team; foster a culture of collaboration, innovation; diversity, equity and inclusion; Provide staff ongoing mentorship and professional development opportunities.
- Oversee all aspects of financial management and reporting to ensure financial well-being and organizational stability and growth.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and impact on ultimate recipients and the community so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Ensure adherence to established policies and procedures to increase FSWCF efficiency and productivity.
- Work with FSWB Marketing Director on marketing and outreach through social media, website, newsletters, print, digital and broadcast media and other channels.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the FSWCF, FSWB and HelloBello staff.